Sunday 15 July 2012

A quiet weekend

Red Boards are still showing at most of the locks here at the top of the River Thames although a few above us are now showing ‘Stream Decreasing’ signs which is good although the outlook for the next few days is changeable to say the least!
A few views around the boats ...



The Ferryman’s Inn
We had Sunday lunch here today, dogs are allowed in the Fishermans Bar and the meals were excellent.  George had ham and free range eggs with chips which he thoroughly enjoyed and I had Roast Beef with all the trimmings - the beef melted in the mouth and the roasters were crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside - for me - perrrfect!

2 comments:

  1. Received by e-mail 18th July 12
    Hi Carol,
    I'm sat here at home nursing a duff knee and trawling through the internet. As I often do I dipped into the Rock'n'Roll blog and saw your pictures which brought back many happy times. I (and another boat) did the Lechlade run via the S Oxford a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much-particularly the micro brewery at the top of the road and the Christmas shop. Being a Christmas person I was very keen to be photographed with Santa (enc) and less kindly members of the family have commented that with the beer gut it is only the uniform that distinguishes us apart!
    I see you are moored at Bablockhythe. For many years my sister and husband had a mobile home at Bablockhythe-right on the river front- and I kept promisng to cruise that way and moor up but by the time I got round to it they had sold up. I have happy memories of the Ferry Inn,(although it was shut for many years) and at Newbridge, The Rose Revived and The Maybush (which I believe has now closed).

    The aforementioned knee is stopping me from my refurb works on Independence which is frustrating. Everybody keeps telling me this is a good Summer to miss out on cruising and my frustration is lessened by the various boatblogs. Keep up the good work and raise a glass in the Ferry to this old boater's knee.

    Cheers

    Mike Wall
    PS-V Chuffed to see the Bristol picture is still headlining the blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,
      Sorry to hear about your knee, hope it gets better soon. Good to hear that you are still enjoying our travels with us. The jet stream now looks as if it might be going back to where it should be and we’re now hopeful that we shall have some summer!
      I love the picture - very ‘US’!

      Delete