Friday 20 January 2012

Wrenbury, Llangollen Canal

We (the convoy) had decided that we would move today (18th Jan). As we walked back from the village of Wrenbury we arranged with the engineers for the bridge to be lifted at 2:30 this afternoon.
 I'd forgotten my camera this morning so before it was time to up-sticks I took another trip into Wrenbury.. a pretty dove cote over the roof tops ...
... and the unusual tower of ...
... St Margaret's Church ...
 
 ... spring blossom in the churchyard ...
 ... and original box pews ...
 ... and lovely stained glass inside
 Looking back to the organ from the alter
 The regular church goers leave their knee blankets on the pews
 a lovely stained glass window at the rear of the church ...
 ... and the first snowdrops I've seen this year between the gravestones ...
 ... I wonder if these Palin's are relatives of ours?
 Lots of stylish old properties ...
 ... around the village green - 1859 ...
 ... and even earlier ... 1630
We were just about to have a cuppa before upping sticks and moving on when there was a knock on the window - one of the engineers asked if we would mind cruising through the lift bridge see yesterday's post before 2:30 so that was it - off we went - under the bridge round the corner and continued for about a mile before tying up once more at the Thomason's Bridge visitor moorings
20 past 4 at our moorings - another cold night to come me thinks!

5 comments:

  1. hi all hope you are all well
    we are moor up just outside ellesmere at the mo
    we hope to have been moving but i got something wrong with my hand so got to stay here for a while if you coming up this way would be nice to see you all
    colin and tina
    nb GO FOR IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brill! Hope your hand is better soon and that you're still there when we get to Ellesmere, if not I'm sure we'll meet up somewhere along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the reply facility that Blogger have introduced and you're now using. I looked at making the change as well, but I generlly find that comments in a pop-up window are more reliable from Blogger than embedded ones. And when I try to look at your post comments in IE, all I get in a blank screen. I have to switch to Firefox to get them to display. Maybe it's just me, but I think Blogger have form in this area, so it may be a bug with their system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem? If you are please let me know and I'll stop using the 'Reply' facility. I'm copying this into the Repy too.

      Delete
  4. I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem? If you are please let me know and I'll stop using the 'Reply' facility. I'm copying this into the Repy too.

    ReplyDelete