Monday 7 May 2012

BBQ weather

We left Rugeley at about 1pm on Saturday after George returned from his opticians appointment ...
These two mallards were chasing and tearing chunks out of each other!
Crossing the River Trent Aqueduct ...
... flowing quite fast ...
... and the beautiful countryside ...
... a bundle of brilliant white feathers!
Bishton Hall ...
 ... and Bishton Hall Pony Club ...
... and on the opposite side of the canal over the River Trent is Wolseley Garden Park 
We arrived at Colwich Lock at about 2:15 to a long queue - one boat going up as I approached and another going up as I pulled in behind 3 other boats waiting ...
... and two more came in behind me - it took over an hour to be through here.  I found out later that apparently there had been something behind the gates preventing the crew bringing the boat own the lock from them from fully opening them, and it took an hour or so to clear the obstruction - hence the build up of traffic!
We arrived at our destination at about 3:30 in the rain!
The view through the galley window yesterday afternoon - The farm house and round tower at Shugborough Hall ...
... and the weather just called for a BBQ - fantastic!
A walk out today (Bank Holiday Monday) before the rain returned - Shugborough Hall in the distance across the River Trent ...
... Bluebells are coming into bloom in the gardens ...
... and the resident heron who sits here most of the time ...
... but this is the first time I've seen him when I've actually had my camera with me!

1 comment:

  1. You just can't beat a BBQ in the drizzling rain, I say! That Heron looks rather put out by your appearance!

    ReplyDelete