Friday, 11 January 2013

Plan C

 It was cold and very misty yesterday morning when we left our mooring at Coole Pilate, the temperature was below 3 degrees and stayed that way all day!

A few pictures along the way …

Stark ….

The Gorse is providing some lovely colour along the banks and there are still a few rose-hips left for the birds 

Cormorant in the mist

Look at his horns!

Don’t you just love an optimist!

Now moored in Nantwich (we actually managed to get on the 48-hour visitor moorings).

We’ve got problems with 2 of our our batteries but fortunately we’ve been able to order new ones from the chandlery here, they should arrive by the weekend.  We may have to let C&RT know that we need stay over on the moorings until they do arrive and are fitted as we don’t want to be too far away if the ice forms on the canal and we can’t move at all.

Plan C - see previous post for A and B!
We soon realised that the Trent and Mersey down to Harecastle/Caldon Canal is also closed for winter maintenance so another plan was required!  We’ve decided to spend the next month or so cruising up the Shroppie to Chester and maybe to Ellesmere Port too then we’ll revert to plan ‘A' hoping that the breach above Preston Brook is completed on time (due to be ready at Easter (end of March)).  Well, that’s the plan anyway … it may change again!

No comments:

Post a Comment