Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Thursday 29th October - Saturday 7th November 2009
We continue our journey north
We're still moored at bridge 58 below Stoke Bruerne Locks and went for a walk in the village

a chocolate box picture!
the view opposite the mooring
our mooring - nice and peaceful

Friday 30th October
pictures of the sunrise at 07:50

As we were preparing to untie and set off we could hear lots of commotion outside; when we investigated we could see beaters and hear birds in flight and the bang of the guns; they were on both sides of the canal - the photo shows some of the shooters presumably off to celebrate the slaughter.
We set off and moved up the locks to moor above lock 5.
On the Saturday morning we did the rest of the locks and moored on a 48-hour slot and took ourselves and Molly off to the Boat Inn for a very good lunch.

Sunday 1st November
... and went for a walk ...
with Molly!
I hope the pumpkin kept the ghouls away last night!

Monday 2nd
Stoke Bruerne looking towards the cafe and locks - the owner of the small cruiser in the distance on this picture has asked if we can tow him through the tunnel and drop him off at Gayton Junction - we agreed.
We moored up for the night at bridge 45 and on the Tuesday took a walk into Gayton village - a lovely place which is mentioned in the Domesday Book.

Wednesday 4th
Still at bridge 45 - waiting for Tesco Direct!

On Friday we upped sticks and cruised on to moor at Bugbrook, taking time for another walk through the village - I'm disappointed that there is no evidence of the canal of past eras.

Saturday 7th
The temperature has dropped - I think winter is upon us - at 6:45 this morning it was 1degree c.
leaving Bugbrooke - we're on our way to Weltonfield Marina ready for our trip to Scotland for our daughter's 40th!!
It was quite late and becoming dark as we were ready to turn into the Marina and a warning light came on on the panel; George continued the turn and we pulled up by reception; he was unable to turn off the engine by the stop key and had to get into the engine bay to do it manually; a 40amp fuse had blown!! Fortunately the marina was able to supply us with a 30amp to be going on with and we were given permission to stay the night at the fuel pump, connect to the shoreline and go into our allocated space the following morning.
Sam from Foxton boats will be with us on Monday to sort the problem out.

No comments:

Post a Comment