Sunday, 2 May 2010

Calamity - my camera won't work!

We're currently moored just below Adderley Locks and will go through to Audlum tomorrow when the weather is supposed to be better!
Just before we left Market Drayton Jacquie from SKYY caught up with us whilst walking Duggie and SKYY also passed us again yesterday with their visitors continuing down the Audlum Locks - it was great to talk to you Jacquie, I'm sure that we'll meet up again soon.
Yesterday morning I picked up my camera to take a picture from the galley window but it wouldn't switch on; it had been on charge so it should have been ok.  George checked it out and the charger was working ok so we can only surmise that the battery is caput.  I've had it now for quite a long time and it's had a lot of use and recharging over the last 2 years or so; we're now looking on the internet for a replacement rechargeable battery for it. 
In the meantime I'm using the camera on my phone - although I don't think these results are too bad --
the rural and very peaceful view from the galley window
it had forecast heavy rain for the afternoon so yesterday morning we took a walk down the locks.
It's over 30-years since we visited Audlum Mill - it was rather run down then but I remember buying us buying a sweatshirt each and we had them for many years!  The mill is very different now - the only thing that was the same inside were the wooden selves that the sweatshirts were stored on all those years ago.  I got talking to the 'new' owner - she's been there just 3-years now. When she purchased the building it was apparently almost derelict and the whole of the inside has been renovated to a very high standard keeping and repairing the original hoppers and converting the top floor as her home. It was very interesting talking to her, we had a lot of things in common; the only thing I was disappointed in was that I couldn't replace those sweatshirts as they are mostly a craft business now.  Well worth a vist though.
I'm sure everyon knows the Shroppie Fly!
this very well painted boat was moored on the 5-day rings opposite the mill and pub - impressive!
looking up the locks on the way back to RnR
The rain hadn't started when we got back so we decided to have a BBQ at lunch time - it was spur of the moment and very enjoyable.  The rain eventually came at about 7:15pm and coninued for most of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment