Saturday 25 June 2011

Through the window and statistics

Elly in Oz (Narrowboat dreaming....) asked recently about my mileage since living and travelling on NB Rock n Roll - well I've now brought my log book up to date and the statistics are: -  since April 12th 2008 to today 25th June we've cruised 2081 miles and 1090 locks giving a total of 3171 lock miles - 54.75 cruising miles per month.
Not really as many as we thought although we do like to stop and look around us as we cruise - we're retired and not in a hurry!
The river is busy today with all sorts of craft ...
 ... an attractive steam boat ...
 ... and before I could take another this one was in my face - about 2 feet from the window!
 ... yachts all over the place ...
 .. . this was the one near the window - it did manage to pull out an turn - the manoeuvre  looked ludicrously dangerous!
 ... the wider view though looks almost peaceful ...
... and in the other direction is that yacht again!

No comments:

Post a Comment